General questions about Thailand Privilege Membership Program
We are here to help!
HIS is an authorized agent of Thailand Privilege Membership Program. Our team will provide full assistance during the application process to make it quick and easy.
Please kindly read the answers to some of the common questions that we prepared for you about the Thailand Privilege Membership Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Thailand Privilege Membership Program is a long-term privilege entry visa program managed by the Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited (TPC). TPC is a wholly-owned subsidiary under the Ministry of Tourism and Sport. The purpose of the program is to promote Thailand to foreigners through the issuance of a privilege entry visa, giving them the right to reside in Thailand for up to 20 years.
- TPC registered its incorporation under the Civil and Commercial Code on 29 August 2003, having the Tourism Authority of Thailand as its sole shareholder and having the status of state enterprise under the Budget Procedures Act B.E. 2502 (1959).
- The Thailand Privilege Membership Program was initiated according to Article 17 of the Immigration Law B.E. 2522 (2003). It is supported by all government agencies and successful applications are irrevocable.
The application process may take from 1 month up to 3 months. The actual term will depend on the nationality of the applicant. In most cases the applicant receives an approval letter in 1-2 months from the application submission date.
- Copy of your Passport: Data page with your photo and signaturet (The passport validity must be at least 1 year on the date of the membership registration)
- Color ID photo (high-resolution file): Look straight with a plain, white or light background
- Completed Online Application Form (filled and signed by applicant)
- Proof of relationship as an additional member of the main member (must be an immediate family member)
The copy of the data page (or identification page) of your passport will be sent to the Immigration office for a due diligence check. This is to insure that you are not on the blacklist, watching-list or anything that would prevent you to obtain the Visa.
The applicant must have and maintain to have the following qualifications:
- Holding a foreign passport
- Not having been sentenced by a judgment to imprisonment in any countries except for an offense committed due to negligence
- Not having been adjudicated bankrupt
- Not having been declared as a person of unsound mind, incompetence, or quasi-incompetence
- Not having previously overstayed more than one visa in Thailand
- Being allowed to stay in Thailand in accordance with the immigration laws or any related law of Thailand
- Being sui juris under Thai law
- According to Immigration Bureau of Thailand, if the length of your current passport is not up to five-year period, the Privilege Entry Visa will be affixed in accordance with the expiration date stated on the passport. The remaining validity will be affixed on your new passport.
- Please be informed that Thailand Privilege requires at least three blank pages of your current passport and term of the Elite Visa shall be granted in accordance with the validity of Membership.
Thailand Priivilege Member can apply for Non-B visa and work permit to work in Thailand and it will not have an effect on the validity of his(her) Thailand Priivilege visa which will continue until its expiry date. Therefore, once member get Non-B visa then they have to use their Non-B visa only to enter and depart from Thailand and comply with the regulations and laws for Non-B visa as per Thai law which allow to hold only one visa. Kindly note that visa & 90-day report is totally separate type. Thailand Priivilege Members need to check for their validity both 90-day report & visa.
However, Thailand Priivilege members with Non-B visa can still use all privileges and benefits according to their membership programs.
There are currently 4 membership programs to choose from:
- Gold Membership (5 years)
- Platinum Membership (10 years)
- Diamond Membership (15 years)
- Reserve Membership (20 years) ** By invitation only or have to go through an interview with Thailand Privilege **
All Thailand Privilege Membership Programs have common features such as airport immigration express services (elite personal assistance through immigration), access to a 24-hour Member Contact Center, and government concierge services. The main differences between them are the term of the visa (either 5, 10, or 20 years), complimentary privileges and point redemption of each program.
The most important points to consider are the following:
- Depending on how long you are planning to stay in Thailand choose the visa for 5, 10, 15 or 20 years
- We offer different membership programs that suitable for different category of applicants: single, multiple or family. Please carefully read description of each membership program and choose what suits you the best.
- Each membership program offers different range of complimentary privileges and benefits by allocating Privilege points. You can choose what meet your needs and satisfaction the best.
If you still can’t decide what Thailand Priivilege Membership Program to choose from we are here to help! Please feel free to contact us for further consultation by filling out an inquiry form or email address: email@example.com **
Our team makes the application process quick and easy, whether you are in Thailand or abroad. All you need to do is to provide us with a copy of your passport, digital photo and an application form that filled and signed by the applicant, and we will complete the rest of the application process for you. We will work with the Thailand Privilege Office and the Thai Government Office to confirm your eligibility for the program. There is no need to mail the original documents by postmail, for your convenience we accept all the required documents by email. The whole process takes about 1 to 3 months after you submit the application to become an Elite Member.
Please note, for family applications, proof of the relationship between the main applicant and family members must be included in the submission. The applicant must sign as indicated on all pages of the application form.
There are no any fee for submitting the documents and application form. The whole application process and approval are absolutely free. After receiving approval letter, it is completely up to you to decide whether to make a payment for the membership program or not.
The whole process includes the following steps:
- Submission of filled and signed application forms and relevant supporting documents, the processing time and approval may take from 1 up to 3 months, once approved the applicant will receive an approval letter with payment details. The payment deadline is 30 days.
- Making a payment (bank transfer or credit card) and submission of a proof of payment. The applicant will receive a welcome letter from the Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd. The successful applicants will receive Thailand Elite Card that will be sent to them with Welcome Package by post in 1-2 months after becoming Elite members.
- Make an appointment to get the Elite visa affixed in your passport, by sending the relevant documents to the Member Contact Center.
No, it is not required for the applicant to appear in person during the application process. Our team will manage the process on behalf of the applicant. However, the Thailand Priivilege members will have to appear in person on the visa issuance date whether it is at the Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate in your own country, at the airport (Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai or Phuket Airport), or at Chaengwattana Immigration Bureau in Bangkok.
The retirement visa differs from the Thailand Privilege Membership Program in terms of many aspects such as financial requirements, the difficulty of application process, the need of providing medical insurance and paying agent fees, the applicant is required to submit 90 day reporting in person etc. One of the most important advantage of the Thailand Elite Visa is that it provides convenience and hassle-free application process as well as long stay in the country. In the case of a retirement visa, permission will be granted for a period of not more than one year at a time. You will have to re-apply for this type of visa by re-submitting all of the required documentation on a yearly basis, renewal of retirement visa is not guaranteed.
Comparing between Thailand Elite Visa & Retirement Visa
|Requirements||Thailand Privilege Membership Program||Thailand Retirement Visa|
|Minimum Age||No||50 year old or over|
|Validity||5-10-15-20 years||1 year|
|Financial requirements: Deposit of THB 800,000 per year in a Thai Bank Account (or Monthly income of min. THB 65,000.) x||No||Yes|
|Yearly re-application (re-submitting all of the required documentation)||No||Yes|
|Multiple entry visa||Included||Not included|
|90 Day Reporting||Done by Thailand Privilege*||Must be done in person|
|Private Medical Insurance||Not required||Required|
|Agent fees for visa renewal No Varies from THB 20,000-40,000 per year||No||Varies from THB 20,000-40,000 per year|
|Government Fee to renew visa and apply for re-entry permit||No||approx. THB 6,000 per year|
|Fast track lane at Immigration||Yes||No|
|Lounge service at Airport||Yes**||No|
|Airport Limousine service||Yes**||No|
|Opening Bank Account in THB||Yes**||Yes|
|Foreign Currency Bank Account||Yes**||No|
|Driving License||Need to take the exam||Need to take the exam|
*in certain locations: Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, and Pattaya / Redeem Privilege points
** Redeem Privilege points
The applicant can make payment only after receiving approval letter by email which usually takes about 1 to 3 months from the submission date. Once the application has been approved, the Thailand Privilege will provide with bank account details for making a payment. The membership fees vary from THB 900,000 to THB 5 million depending on the membership program the applicant applied for. Payment must be made only directly to the Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd through the following methods:
- Wire transfer from an overseas bank account
- Wire transfer from a local bank account
- Online payment by credit card via the link provided
Once payment has been made, please kindly send a proof of payment to us. We will submit the payment document into Thailand Privilege system for you.
Yes, the membership fee can be paid by a third party. The applicant needs to disclose the relationship with a sponsor, and Thailand Privilege may request the supporting documents.
Please note, that the evidence of the payment must include the name of the applicant.
The Thailand Priivilege visa can be affixed to the successful applicant’s passport following 3 ways:
- In case if the applicant is in Thailand: the visa can be affixed at Chaengwattana Immigration Bureau in Bangkok. Member Contact Center (MCC) will arrange an appointment for you and assist you throughout the entire process. You will need to spend about 1 hour at the Immigration Department.
- In case if the applicant is overseas: you need to provide the incoming flight details and hotel confirmation at least 7-10 days before arrival to Thailand, and our team will arrange with a EPA staff of the Thailand Privilege to meet you at the arrival gate at the Airport. The EPA staff will fast track you through immigration and affix the visa at the airport. It usually takes 20-30 minutes, and the visa can be affixed at Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai and Phuket Airport.
- In case if the applicant is overseas: you can affix the visa at Royal Thai Embassy / Consulate in your own country. Member Contact Center (MCC) will transfer your membership details to the embassy / consulate. This process will take 21-30 days. After that, you will have to contact the embassy / consulate to make an appointment to affix the visa by yourself.